or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ahmed ChaudharyAhmed Chaudhary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Laz TemimiLaz Temimi shared a merged idea: Wix installer course  ·   · 
    Joel PalmerJoel Palmer shared a merged idea: WiX Toolset & MS Build  ·   · 
    Justin PattersonJustin Patterson shared a merged idea: Wix Course  ·   · 

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ratio of comments to votes for this idea is abnormally large. Hope to be able to watch a course on this soon!

• John mcfadyenJohn mcfadyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will travel anywhere to do Wix training.

Here is some old yet only existing windows installer fundamentals online. Not much wix content on here though. Imho fundamentals are more important wix is somewhat easy when you know that.

Installpac.wordpress.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WiX is likely to become our enterprise standard for building installers for Windows apps. I know a Pluralsight course would help avoid a lot of missteps and frustration like we have experienced so far.

• Ronald GarlitRonald Garlit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major issue and I have a whole enterprise that needs some training in WIX. Right now I don't have much hair left that I can turn gray trying to figure this out without coherent training. ASAP... I would love to be able to point the 1000 plus developers at my company at PluralSight to go learn this..

• Darrell ScottDarrell Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! There is disappointingly little training material out there for WIX and a Pluralsight course would be fantastic. We've been somewhat forced to WiX through the removal of deployment projects in Visual Studio - Microsoft now bundles a very limited and inadequate version of InstallShield instead. The need is there, and a course would definitely soften the steep learning curve of this technology.

• Steven BarnettSteven Barnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't know I need this until today. I simply want to create merge modules and the installer I have will cost me 5 times the original price to upgrade to this functionality. I've read some of the WiX descriptions and they're desperately confusing without an understanding of the fundamentals. Seems there's lots of documentation written by people who understand the subject matter, but only for other people who understand the subject matter. A course would be most valuable, especially as MS have effectively taken away our access to an integrated installer tool of any quality.

• Joe MeleJoe Mele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that it will cover the c# library to build msi files. I have my own private library 100K lines that I build msi installs from entirely in code. and plus I can decompile msi into c# code. I want to use this library they have so I can integrate into the Wix pipeline. So this course would be good but Please dont forget there is more than xml in WiX

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These would be a great course(s) to have access to. The online documentation and tutorials for WIX are cryptic, disjointed and incomplete in their sample code, definitely written by a contract technical writer with ZERO programming knowledge, IMO. Lots of words without much content... or few words with NO real content. The issue with WIX is that it is an XML compiler on top of Windows Installer, so really, what is needed is a pre-requisite course on Windows Installer with a complimentary WIX course.

• Anil RautAnil Raut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stupid Microsoft has some marketing strategy in discontinuing the standard developer friendly deployment and setup project option from VS and we start-up developers have only hope from pluralsight. where is Steve ballmer who used to repeat 100 times - developer, developers, developers shamelessly on dev conferences and now I see pluralsight has "Hardcore and developers" in their tag line. Hope not be disappointed by Pluralsight..pls provide some updates

• Brian HolmesBrian Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

InstallShield Limited is still a lemon even with the new beta. A course on this alternative would be greatly appreciated.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base