I would like to see a course on ...

Domain Driven Design

should provide a industry standard course on Domain Driven Design using multiple bounded contexts.

2,101 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mike PeretzMike Peretz shared a merged idea: I surprise not to find a course on domain driven design.  ·   · 

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its only fundamental course we need it Industry standard course with multiple bounded contexts.

• Alexis MacLeodAlexis MacLeod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bummer. I've been waiting ages for this course. If I wasn't on a 1yr subscription I would have bailed long ago. I mean seriously, how long does it take to make a course?

• Noufal AboobackerNoufal Aboobacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Mohammed Al-Banna. Pluralsight has to think practically on courses like this. e.g. there was a course released on Domain Driven Design using C#. after volume 1 we had to wait for a long time to get the 2 version. Once you start implementing what we have learned we cannot wait for a long time for the next course. it should come at immediate successions; otherwise it doesnt have real meaning.
        So please Pluralsight take in as a serious constructive feedback and let us know when you will be delivering this course.

• Mohammed Al-BannaMohammed Al-Banna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each time I get bored of life, I come here to read comments and giggle a little bit, I have been waiting for this course for two years, really two years, I eventually gave up waiting and gave up my subscription, and just purchased Eric Evan's book. If you want to learn something get it from the source, and if you want to maintain a successful business, take reputation VERY serious!!!

Each time I get bored of life, I come here to read comments and giggle a little bit, I have been waiting for this course for two years, really two years, I eventually gave up waiting and gave up my subscription, and just purchased Eric Evan's book.

If you want to learn something get it from the source, and if you want to maintain a successful business, take reputation VERY serious!!!

• BrentBrent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to give everyone the heads up since i emailed support about this course. My first question was had it be canceled since there was no status on it now. I was told no. The said they are still working on the course but there are delays. They are also in talks with a few new authors that might be adding other subject matter. He said it will be at least a few more months before its complete.

I think previously the authors were going to be Steve Smith & Julie Lerman. I heard Julie discussing it @ Tech-Ed 2013 in New Orleans. Steve Smith is a great patterns guys so i wasn't concerned there but listening to Julie talking about it i don't think she was at the level in DDD to be teaching a course on it. Not saying she couldn't learn it and i know she was in talks with Vaughn Vernon but i would prefer someone who had direct experience with it rather than just academia. I don't know who the new authors they are in talks with but it would be awesome if it was Vaughn Vernon or Eric Evans.

• JS MillJS Mill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Serious question...

Do Pluralsight still make 100% trustworthy trainers on Agile methods when they have a pretty shakey idea of the term '*very* soon'?

Stakeholder expectation management on this course has been pretty darn dodgesome.

• Paul SnowPaul Snow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Julie, Can you elaborate what is the time range when you say "very soon". Is it a day, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, years? Given that we are waiting for this for so long, any concrete date will be better than some abstract time frame

• John StaveleyJohn Staveley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Julie, I was about to raise a complaint about it being marked Done but the course not being available!

• Julie LermanJulie Lerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marking this as DONE was a mistake. The DDD Fundamentals course is *almost* done, Steve and I are hammering through the last bits of it right now. We'll talk to Sandra about changing the status. But we promise it will get changed back to DONE *very* soon!

LOL .. this is the funniest thing I've ever seen! .. two years waiting for Domain Driven Design course then turns out it's Behavior Driven Design!!!

• BrentBrent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex i remember reading a post by Greg Young. As of the post, he won't do a pluralsight video because he doesn't like the pluralsight revenue share model that's of course unless his opinion has changed....

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base