I would like to see a course on ...

Domain Driven Design

should provide a industry standard course on Domain Driven Design using multiple bounded contexts.

1,965 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mike PeretzMike Peretz shared a merged idea: I surprise not to find a course on domain driven design.  ·   · 

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul SnowPaul Snow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Julie, Can you elaborate what is the time range when you say "very soon". Is it a day, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, years? Given that we are waiting for this for so long, any concrete date will be better than some abstract time frame

• John StaveleyJohn Staveley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Julie, I was about to raise a complaint about it being marked Done but the course not being available!

• Julie LermanJulie Lerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marking this as DONE was a mistake. The DDD Fundamentals course is *almost* done, Steve and I are hammering through the last bits of it right now. We'll talk to Sandra about changing the status. But we promise it will get changed back to DONE *very* soon!

• Mohammed Al-BannaMohammed Al-Banna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOL .. this is the funniest thing I've ever seen! .. two years waiting for Domain Driven Design course then turns out it's Behavior Driven Design!!!

• BrentBrent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex i remember reading a post by Greg Young. As of the post, he won't do a pluralsight video because he doesn't like the pluralsight revenue share model that's of course unless his opinion has changed....

• imakimak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Can you please include some practical tips of how to using DDD in a large scale enterprise application. From my experience, its easy to use DDD on smaller solution but let's say if you enterprise application has 500+ database tables, things like contexts abstraction become quite tricky to maintain. It will be awesome if you can have some discussion about real-life challenges with DDD

• Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The course is nearly complete and will include some cameo appearances from Eric Evans. Stay tuned and sorry it's taken a little longer than originally expected.

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! Please, include Greg Young to show us some CQRS goodness, especially related to Event Sourcing, and how set up use a home-made Service Bus in order to publish events, or subscribe to. And regards to Event Sourcing, please, teach us how to implement and Event Store repository that implements the memento pattern in order to not process hundreds of thousands of events of the event stream every time we need ro rehydrate our aggregate.

Maybe a good idea could be extend this well known Reference Implementation from Microsoft Patterns and Practices: The CQRS and Event Sourcing Journey

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj554200.aspx

Sorry for my english, Im not a native speaker. Anyway,
        Thanks!

• Dev TriadDev Triad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been waiting for this course forever but it stays in Started status for more than 6 months

• Naveed IqbalNaveed Iqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is the course supposed to be completed? It shows started since months. Also do we get any responses out here?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base