I would like to see a course on ...

CISSP® - Certified Information Systems Security Professional

A CISSP is an information assurance professional who defines the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. The vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart. The credential demonstrates a globally recognized standard of competence provided by the (ISC)²® CBK which covers critical topics in security today, including cloud computing, mobile security, application development security, risk management and more.

617 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gary EimermanAdminGary Eimerman (Admin, Pluralsight) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SaurabhSaurabh shared a merged idea: CISSP  ·   · 
    Rakesh BhatiaRakesh Bhatia shared a merged idea: Quick CISSP Certification  ·   · 
    Eddy RichardsEddy Richards shared a merged idea: CISSP  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • H TekinH Tekin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been months now and still haven't heard any progress on this course. Can someone from Pluralsight provide an ETA??

• Michael LockwoodMichael Lockwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all of the offerings on this site, it's hard to believe that the CISSP has not been added to the course library yet. Train Signal was working on it (I think), but had not released. If CBT Nuggets has it, why not Pluralsight (which is better overall, in my opinion).

Is there a plan to release a CISSP course?

• Sara PerrottSara Perrott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if this was here...guess I will have to make do with the Shon Harris videos. If you have the SSCP video though, why not CISSP? I had an instructor tell me to not even waste my time on the SSCP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the start of a New Year and new financial budgets still fresh I would of thought this would of been covered by now. People will go to other vendors as they will want to use the budget as soon as feasible. *Another vendor it is then :-(

• Dean BuxtonDean Buxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://www.isc2.org/CISSP/Default.aspx
        CISSP® - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
        Globally Recognized Expertise in the Field of Information Security

CISSP® certification is a globally recognized standard of achievement that confirms an individual's knowledge in the field of information security. CISSPs are information assurance professionals who define the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. It was the first certification in the field of information security to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
        Confirming One's Knowledge and Experience

The CISSP exam tests one's competence in the ten CISSP domains of the (ISC)²® CBK®, which cover critical topics in security today, including risk management, cloud computing, mobile security, application development security and more. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of experience in two of the ten domains. This vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart.

CISSPs often hold job functions including:

Security Consultant
        Security Manager
        IT Director/Manager
        Security Auditor
        Security Architect

Security Analyst
        Security Systems Engineer
        Chief Information Security Officer
        Director of Security
        Network Architect

The CISSP exam is based on the following ten domains:

Access Control
        Telecommunications and Network Security
        Information Security Governance and Risk Management
        Software Development Security
        Cryptography
        Security Architecture and Design
        Operations Security
        Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
        Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
        Physical (Environmental) Security

For more information on the CISSP credential, download the CISSP Brochure.

Don't yet have the necessary experience? If you're working on building your experience right now, you may earn the Associate of (ISC)² designation by passing the required CISSP examination.

All (ISC)² certifications are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to be in compliance with the International Organization for Standardization and International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 17024 Standards.

Feedback and Knowledge Base